I’ve mentioned my dogs and the chickens before but I’ve never mentioned horses, partially because I don’t currently own one, and partially because if you don’t know about horses it’s hard to read about them. It’s kind of like reading a book backwards sure you might understand the words but they won’t mean much. That’s why I’m not going to tell you about horses I just felt like I should mention that I like them.
That’s me and a pony named Stormy, ours was a fierce rivalry.
I’ll also give you a list of 10 things you probably don’t know about horses if you’re not a horse person. If you have any questions or want to know more about my horsey life I’ll be glad to talk about it, just say so in the comments. Anyway, TO THE LIST!
1) Ponies, despite being smaller are no more safe than a full sized horse.
2) Horses are not like dogs, they are not like cats, you will never own an animal that is comparable to a horse because they view the world like prey animals and not like predators.
3) Getting stepped on doesn’t hurt as bad as you might think.
4) Neither is falling off.
5) Getting kicked (if it’s a “well placed” one) is probably worse than you think. It’s the absolute worse.
6) There are ways to get involved in horses with out shelling out tons of cash.
7) Not many ways.
8) Not all horse people are crazy.
9) But some of them are.
10) Horses are a great self esteem booster, if you’ve got a child with low self esteem or you yourself do, finding a good barn and taking a few lessons can do wonders.
I realize this post was not very funny. So I shall leave you with a cheesy joke.
Why did the horse cross the road?
Because someone shouted “Hay!”
I hope you leave here laughing, or at least having learned something!