So I was nominated for a Libster award by Scrambled Brains and Coffee. If you want to know what that is follow the link and read up. If not, that’s cool just believe me when I tell you it’s very prestigious and comes with a large cash prize (this isn’t true, you should have read about it). Anyway in accordance with said award I have to post 10 things about myself and answer 10 questions that the person who nominated me asked so sit get you baseball gloves out cause I’m gonna drop some knowledge.
1) I am a terrible speller. I’m sure that you know this if you’ve read this blog because I know I don’t catch all of my own errors, and the autocorrect sometimes changes my words with out my knowing so there isn’t even a red line to help me out.
2) I was a Biology major my first semester of college but calculus defeated me and I switched to English.
3) If I were to go back to college I’d probably major in Kinesiology.
4) I love sports, college basketball is my favorite but my second favorite is horse sports. I have a base in both english and western riding so any horse sports on TV are something I want to watch. Except Western Pleasure, that’s too boring.
5) I have a fairly recent love of MMA and I think everyone should take a class.
6) When I got bored in class in middle school I used to think about how I’d improve my favorite books which lead me to trying to write down my own novel ideas.
7) I love Ireland and it’s the only place outside of California that I’ve ever wanted to live.
8) I briefly lived in New Jersey and it was nothing like Ireland and while I met some great people and had a generally good time I hated the state.
9) If I see a movie two or three times in close succession I can generally recite the whole thing from memory and when I have a hard time falling asleep I’ll recite Finding Nemo.
10) I love reading more than anything, and my bookshelves are organized into the following groups; Non fiction, stand alone fiction, series that I love, series that were okay, series that I didn’t like, and series that disappointed me.
And here are the ten questions I have to answer:
My Questions For My Nominees:
- What’s the most romantic thing someone has ever done for you? Ummm, I’ve not lead a terribly romantic life thus far and I’m not a fan of grand romantic gestures in general sooooooo I guess I’ll say picking up the tab when we went out to eat.
- What is your first childhood memory? Another tough one, with out going into too much detail it was when my sister and I were being potty trained and there was an…incident.
- What are your favorite and least favorite colors? My favorite color is blue and my least favorite is pink.
- What is your nickname? How did you get it? Oh this is a good one, and if you’ve read any of this blog you know it already. My nickname is Leenie. I got it because I was named after my aunt Kathleen who we call Kate, so I couldn’t be Kate and there were about 50 Katies in the hospital when I was born so they called me Leenie instead.
- Do you take time out for yourself? How? Why do you think this is important? Yes. I do that by not committing to things I don’t want to do. It’s important because I really don’t like loud groups of people and I find them physically draining so if I don’t take time for myself I just get unhappy.
- What are you passionate about? Sports and animals. I’d say writing too, but there isn’t nearly as much injustice when I write. I could probably write a novel on things that bother me about college basketball alone, or about typical dog owners, or cat, or gymnastics, the list goes on. I actually deleted a bunch of stuff I wrote out in the heat of this question because I feel so strongly about certain things, but decided that this is not the place. I’ll give them their own post sometime.
- Name a book or movie that changed your life. How did it change your life? Was it for the good or the better? 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher. Which it has been rumored will be a movie someday. I’d tell you about the plot but I’d just make it sound depressing, instead go buy it and read it. It’s short and will probably take you less than a day. It is geared towards teenagers so if you’re not one it probably won’t affect you the way that it affected me. However It made me see the world totally differently, like there are people who are just plain mean and there always will be, but there are also people who are good and kind and no matter how smart you are you can never really know how you’ve touched someone’s life.
- Are you happy with where you are in life right now? Why, why not? Eh, I’m okay with it. There are things I wish were better but I’m working on them. I’m working and I have a family and friends who love me so there’s really not too much to complain about.
- Why did you start your blog? Has it evolved the way you thought it would? Has it met your expectations? I started this blog just to write. I wanted to have somewhere I could point to if people wanted a writing sample, and I wanted to get into the habit of writing everyday, which I have been, even if I don’t post it on here.
- Would you break the rules because of something/someone you care about? How far would you go and what would be your limit? This is an interesting question, the short answer is yes. The longer answer is I don’t always see it as breaking the rules if I’m doing something for someone I care about, I see it as doing what I have to do. After the fact I might realize that what I did wasn’t necessarily my brightest move but in the moment I usually don’t think about it. I’ll probably post about that sometime.
I’m supposes to nominate 10 more people and ask them 10 questions but I’ll do that another time.